THE NATIONAL STATE POLICE

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE NATIONAL STATE POLICE

DEDICATED TO STATE-POLICE & HIGHWAY-PATROL TROOPERS BUT ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT ARE WELCOME

Threat Advisory

Powered by CopsPlus.com

CHIEF SP PRODUCTS

Shop CHIEF

Latest topics

» 1042 Trooper Here
Latest News EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 9:37 am by imbrium

» Budget Cuts Class
Latest News EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:20 pm by Super_HKS

» The polygragh
Latest News EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:19 pm by Super_HKS

» Academy Class
Latest News EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:18 pm by Super_HKS

» Dodge Products
Latest News EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:16 pm by Super_HKS

» Favorite brand of pistol
Latest News EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:16 pm by Super_HKS

» Assualt Weapons
Latest News EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:15 pm by Super_HKS

» Transformer vs. Matrix
Latest News EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:13 pm by Super_HKS

» Real Stories Of the Highway Patrol
Latest News EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:12 pm by Super_HKS

5.11 TACTICAL GEAR

Free 5.11 Tactical Gear at CHIEF

UNDER ARMOUR

FREE Ground Shipping on $50+ Under Armour Orders

Latest News

yougotcaught
    yougotcaught
    Admin

Number of posts : 222
    Registration date : 2008-11-15

Latest News Empty Latest News

Post  yougotcaught Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:41 am

Hornsby Sentenced to 6 Years in Prison Prince George's Schools Chief Steered Contracts

Former Prince George's County schools chief Andre J. Hornsby was sentenced to six years in federal prison for steering contracts to a girlfriend and a longtime business associate and then orchestrating what prosecutors called an "egregious" cover-up. Hornsby, 55, arrived in the county in 2003 with a mandate to change the school system.

In July, three years after he resigned as schools chief amid an FBI investigation, a jury convicted Hornsby on six of 22 charges against him after deliberating for a week. It acquitted him of two charges and deadlocked on the rest.

Just before U.S. District Judge Peter J. Messitte announced the sentence in a Greenbelt courtroom, Hornsby spoke for a little more than five minutes. "I'm totally embarrassed by what I've put myself into," Hornsby said. He did not admit guilt and said he never imagined that his actions would land him in court.

Prosecutors had asked for a sentence of 12 1/2 years, at the low end of advisory sentencing guidelines.

D.C. to Appeal Overturned EMT Firing Judge Says City Waited Too Long to Act

The District is appealing a court ruling that overturned the city's firing of an emergency medical technician for her role in the botched care of a former New York Times journalist slain in 2006.

D.C. Attorney General Peter Nickles said the city will fight a D.C. Superior Court decision that upheld an employment judge's ruling that the District waited too long to fire Selena Walker. Walker was among the emergency medical workers faulted for the care of journalist David E. Rosenbaum, who died in January 2006. The court said the city failed to act within a 90-day window against Walker, the driver of an ambulance crew that got lost on the way to pick up Rosenbaum and then failed to take him to the closest hospital.

A Special Thanksgiving for the Fentys Mayor and His Wife Welcome a Baby Girl

Mayor Adrian M. Fenty had a special reason to celebrate Thanksgiving. His wife, Michelle, gave birth earlier in the week to a baby girl, Aerin Alexandra Fenty. Aerin is the Fentys' third child, joining 8-year-old twins Matthew and Andrew.

Board Certifies Brown's Election GOP Says Candidacy Broke D.C. Election Law

The D.C. Board of Elections and Ethics certified the election of Michael Brown as an independent at-large member of the D.C. Council, despite the objections of the District's Republican Party. The GOP argued that Brown's candidacy violates a D.C. law prohibiting four at-large members from all belonging to the majority party. Brown, the party argues, is not a true independent but a Democrat in an overwhelmingly Democratic city.

Brown defended his decision to run as an independent. "My voter registration card says that I am independent, my petition says that I am independent, but my heart and values rest in the democratic principles that this country was founded on," he said.